What are the uses of Doxycycline Hyclate / Lactic Acid Bacillus
Doxycycline Hyclate / Lactic Acid Bacillus is a medicine that is used for the treatment of Antibiotic associated diarrhea, Bacterial infections Rosacea, Diarrhea, Infantile, Weaning, And neonatal diarrhea, Gastrointestinal disorders and other conditions.
The complete list of uses and indications for Doxycycline Hyclate / Lactic Acid
Bacillus is as follows:
- Antibiotic associated diarrhea
- Bacterial infections
- Infantile, weaning, and neonatal diarrhea
- Gastrointestinal disorders
- Pseudomembranous colitis
Doxycycline Hyclate / Lactic Acid Bacillus may also be used for purposes not listed here.
What are the side-effects of Doxycycline Hyclate / Lactic Acid Bacillus?
The most commonly reported side-effects of Doxycycline Hyclate / Lactic Acid Bacillus are headache, hypersensitivity, erythematous rash, erythema, visual disturbances, and hepatotoxicity.
The following is a list of possible side effects that may occur from the use of Doxycycline Hyclate / Lactic Acid Bacillus. This is not a comprehensive list. These side-effects are possible, but do not always occur. Some of the side-effects may be rare but serious. Consult your doctor if you observe any of the following side-effects, especially if they do not go away.
- Erythematous rash
- Visual disturbances
- Acute pancreatitis
- Blood disorders
- Increased blood glucose
- Hypoplasia in children
- Neonatal diarrhea
- Pseudomembranous colitis
- Take doxycycline exactly as prescribed.
- Do not change the dose or stop taking doxycycline without talking to your doctor.
- This medication comes in tablet, capsule, and oral suspension (liquid) forms.
- Doxycycline is typically taken once or twice a day, with a glass of water and with or without food.
- You should finish the entire course of treatment of the antibiotic to ensure your infection is treated appropriately. It is important not to skip doses of doxycycline.
- If doxycycline upsets your stomach, the drug should be taken with food or milk.
- The oral suspension should be shaken prior to taking the medication.
- If you miss a dose, take the missed dose as soon as you remember. If it is almost time for the next dose, skip the missed dose and take your next dose at the regular time. Do not take two doses of doxycycline at the same time.
- Doxycycline also comes as a gel to be applied to the the tooth pocket. It is administered by a dentist in a clinic setting.
Take this medication exactly as prescribed by your doctor. Follow the directions on your prescription label carefully.
The dose your doctor recommends may be based on the following:
- the condition being treated
- other medical conditions you have
- other medications you are taking
- how you respond to this medication
- your weight
- your height
- your age
- your gender