Febuxostate Tablets :
Febuxostat tablets are widely utilized to lower uric acid levels in people with gout. Increased uric acid levels in the body can leads to gout. Further it acts by reducing the amount of uric acid that are made by the body. Apart from this, take this drug once a day by mouth before or after meal with a glass of water or as per the instructions given by your physician. If you are taking this medication without the prescription of any doctor or pharmacist, that thoroughly read all the instructions that are mentioned on the package. Take this medication on regular basis to get excellent benefits, and remember that the dosage is based on your medical status & response to treatment.
Febuxostat is not a pain reliever. Further after starting this drug you may have more gout attacks, while the body removes extra uric acid. For preventing or treating a gout attack your physician may prescribe you certain medication such as naproxen, colchicine, indomethacin or ibuprofen. Apart from this, continue to take your prescribed medications for preventing gout attacks as instructed by your physician.
- After taking this medication nausea may occur, consult your physician immediately if this side effect gets worsen. Always remember that your physician has prescribed this drug because he/she knew that it benefits ti you is greater than the risk of its side effect.
- Using febuxostat tablets may leads to serious liver disease, further it may also intensify the liver enzymes in the body. Your physician will prescribed you for blood tests to measure these enzymes in the body. Consult your physician promptly if you notice the symptoms of liver disease, yellowing skin/eyes, dark urine or abdominal/stomach pain.
- Consult your physician immediately, if you notice any serious side effects such as painful urination or pink/bloody urine.
- A small number of people who are taking the drug has heart-related problem or stroke. Thus tell your consultant promptly if you notice any sign of heart failure such as shortness of breath, sudden/unusual weight gain, swelling feet/ankles or unusual tiredness. Apart from this, there are some more side effects that includes sudden vision changes, unusual sweating, weakness on one side of the body, confusion and jaw/left arm/chest pain.
- Taking this medication may cause rash, swollen lymph nodes, fever, trouble breathing, swelling/itching or severe dizziness. Tell you consultant, if you have any of these side effects.
- This is not a complete list of possible side-effects. If you notice any other effects that are not listed above, then consult your physician promptly.
- Before taking this medication, tell your consultant about your allergies. This drug may contains some inactive ingredients that can lead to allergic reations or other problems. Further consult your physician for more information.
- Before taking this drug, tell your physician about your medical history, especially of organ transplant, stroke, cancer and kidney/liver/heart disease.
- Before having any type of surgery, tell you consultant all the prescribed/non-prescribed medications and herbal products that you are taking.
- During pregnancy, this drug should be used, further discuss the risks as well as benefits of this drug with your physician.
- It is unknown if this medication passes into breast milk. Consult your physician before breast-feeding as it can harmful to the baby.